What is a Personal Injury Attorney and Why Should You Choose to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Orange County
A law suit may not always be your best recourse, but there are instances when it is necessary in order to recoup your losses for damages or injuries suffered through no fault of your own. If this does happen to you, filing a personal injury lawsuit would be the way to get just compensation .
What Is Personal Injury?
If something happens to a person that is the direct result of negligence by another person, animal or thing, the grounds are set for a probable personal injury lawsuit. The damages that a victim incurs could be bodily harm, emotional distress, property damage or some combination of these.
What are Some Examples of Personal Injury?
There are numerous things that warrant filing a potential personal injury lawsuit. A few examples include:
- A child is hurt when it is discovered that a piece of playground equipment was improperly installed.
- A bicycle rider is hit by a car and seriously injured.
- A person is killed in a car accident caused by a drunk driver.
- A home burns down because an electrician made a mistake in doing wiring work.
- A customer trips and falls on a wet floor in a store.
- People are killed in car wrecks because a manufacturer released faulty cars
How Do You File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Once you have gotten over the shock and pain of the situation, the best course of action is to find an experienced and reputable Orange personal injury attorney who will represent you and fight for your best interest. They will interview you and get all the details of the situation and then file the case in the courts. They may need to hire experts, such as accident reconstruction specialists, to prove that negligence caused the accident or other action that was harmful to you.
What Happens When You Win a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Orange County?
If you win your lawsuit, the recovery you receive for damages depends entirely on the situation. In the most unfortunate circumstance, when someone you love is killed, you could receive recovery for funeral expenses, compensation for that person’s expected future earning and some amount for your pain and suffering. If you are the injured party, you could be awarded earnings missed from being out of work, medical expenses, and recompense for any other damages to you or your property.
The most important thing about personal injury lawsuits is to give serious consideration as to whether a case is really warranted. Look at the injury or property damage as well as the degree of negligent behaviors that caused harm to you. If your injuries are severe, cause you to miss work, and the at-fault party either has no insurance or denies responsibility for their actions, then contact Ian Silverthorne, an Orange County personal injury attorney to represent you. For more information, contact us.
When and Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you injured as the result of someone else’s negligence? Maybe you were in a car accident, suffered a slip and fall, were attacked by a dog or had a bicycle accident. No matter the cause of the injury you need to decide if you should hire our personal injury attorneys. Some questions you should ask yourself are:
- Do you have injuries that will require physical therapy, surgery or other long-term treatments?
- Will your injuries require you to miss work?
- Will your injuries result in a permanent disability?
- Did you have a head injury?
- Do you have a prior injury or medical issue that has been exacerbated?
- Was the at-fault party uninsured or underinsured?
- Does the at-fault party deny responsibility?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, you should give Silverthorne Attorneys a call because we can help you. Contact us any time for free legal consultation.
Silverthorne Attorneys 999 Corporate Dr #115 Ladera Ranch, CA 92694 Tel: 949-234-6034
Get legal counsel right away at http://www.schreuderpartners.com.au to help you file your lawsuit and see it through to the end.